How to Choose the Best Sewing Machine to Buy
Buying a new sewing machine can be a daunting task. There are so many features and accessories. They cost a lot of money and you want to be sure you are getting what is the best sewing machine to buy for your project and your money. This article will discuss some tips and things to consider when making the decision to buy a new sewing machine.
Choose the Best Features
When buying a new machine whether a beginner or an expert at sewing it is important to know what you are looking for now and what you may need in the future. Maybe you just want to fix some clothing now but later on you will want to learn to embroider. If finances allow you could always upgrade in the future but overall it is important to know what you want your machine for. Here are a couple items you should consider:
Project Type and Functions – What do you want your sewing machine for? If you aren’t going to use all the fancy functions than you will not need a machine with lots of functions (this will make a major difference in price).
Portable – If you are taking classes or work on your sewing projects in multiple locations, you will want to consider a lighter machine. The lighter the machine the more portable it is. No one wants to lug around a 30 pound sewing machine.
Choose the Best Sewing Machine Brand
When looking for what is the best sewing machine to buy, you will want to be sure to check out the best brands. It can be a difficult choice to decide between the top brands. For many years Brother and Singer have been at the top of most sewing machine reviews. Recently, Janome has also become popular for producing high quality machines.
There is no one best machine available today. Due to the numerous features available today, there is a different machine for every type of project and fabric. The best sewing machine, depends on the user’s skill level and the project they are undertaking.
Choose the Best Machine for the Job
- Best Machine for Beginners – The best beginner machine is the Singer 7470 Confidence Electronic Sewing Machine. This machine is extremely user friendly, which makes it great for beginners.
- Best Basic Machine – The Brother XL26001 25-stitch Free-arm Sewing Machine is a great basic machine. It is very affordable; it doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles. If you are just sewing occasionally this is a good buy. Good gift for children who want to learn.
- Best Value Electronic Machine – The Singer 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine is the best electronic machine. It is under $200 and it has some really good features.
- Best and Cheapest Computerized Machine – If you are on a budget the Brother ES2000 is the best computerized sewing machine. This device is similar to the Brother CS6000I but without all the extra features for quilting.
- Best Machine for Quilting – The best quilting machine is the Brother CS60001 Computerized Free-arm Sewing Machine. This machine is lighter weight than most other quilting machines, plus it offer excellent quilting features for heavy quilting projects.
- Best Machine for Embroidery – For embroidery the Brother SE400 is the best machine. This machine is extremely effective and affordably priced.
What the best sewing machine to buy is? There is no one perfect answer. The best machine depends on the needs of the user. Carefully consider all your needs and then make an informed decision.